This is The Bobby D Show from Thursday March 6th, 2014. On this morning’s program we discussed things that people DON’T know about technology, how e-cigs are starting fires in bed, 5 myths about millionaires, 1o things guys over 30 should never wear, weird laws from around the world, things married couples love to complain about, our send Bieber back to Canada song, our Hoverboard press conference, stand up comedy today from Dan Levy, our throw back Thursday clip and author Scott McGwen stopped by to chat about his new book called, ‘Eyes on Target.’
There’s a new survey that seems to have been SPECIFICALLY designed to make people look stupid. And . . . mission accomplished. Check out the results . . .
11% of people think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
12% of Americans think USB is an acronym for a European country.
18% think Blu-ray is a marine animal.
23% think MP3 is a “Star Wars” robot.
27% think a gigabyte is an insect found in South America.
42% think a motherboard is the deck of a cruise ship.
And finally, 61% say it’s important to have strong knowledge of technology in this day and age.
1. They spend a lot. We have this idea of millionaires throwing away money all the time on expensive stuff. But a lot of them are really frugal. In a lot of cases, people get to be millionaires later in life just because they saved a lot all along.
2. They’re better than us. It’s not that millionaires are smarter, more talented, or better at business. More often they’re just good at setting goals and working toward them. They have a gift for moving forward in situations where other people give up.
3. They’re luckier. Nope, they just work hard. Every small business owner who became a millionaire has some story about hearing “No” from a hundred people before hearing the first “Yes.”
4. They’re born into money. In fact, a recent survey found that 86% of millionaires are self-made. Most of them say they didn’t even have rich contacts when they first started out.
5. They’re fearless. Again, most millionaires are just like us. They’re afraid of rejection . . . they just overcome it. Usually they’re just realistic about their chances.
There are some things men over 30 should just NEVER wear. Dressing like a jackass is for your 20s. Once you hit 30, you’ve got to start making more mature choices. Check out the ten things men over 30 should never wear:
2. Choker necklaces.
3. Dangly earrings.
4. Skull jewelry.
5. Fake tanner.
6. A wrist full of bracelets.
8. Sports jerseys customized with their name on the back.
9. Backwards hats.
The next time you get mad because you can’t eat your lunch on a train in D.C. or can’t make a right turn on a red light in New York, think of some of these crazy rules around the world and remember how good you have it.
In Singapore, it is illegal to sell chewing gum, spitting and littering will get you a hefty dine, and vandalism comes with a public caning.
If you kiss in public in Dubai you can go to jail for a year.
Feeding the Pigeons in Venice, Italy, will cost you almost $800 if you’re caught.
Eating on the steps of any church in Florence, Italy, is illegal.
In the Kingdom of Bhutan you can be thrown in prison for three years for producing or selling tobacco.
Insulting kings, even dead ones, in Thailand can land you Jail time.
In Greece it’s illegal to wear high heels when visiting the Acropolis and other ancient sites. Apparently the spikes damage the monuments. (Yahoo)
Leave the toilet seat up.
Put dishes in the sink instead of in the dishwasher.
Drop soaking-wet towels on the floor – and leave them there.
Throw clothes next to the laundry hamper – but not in it.
Kick the spouse of out bed for snoring.
Keep every door and drawer in the kitchen open.
Worry too much.
This is The Bobby D Show from Wednesday March 5th, 2014. On this morning’s program we discussed things you should NEVER do for your buddy on his birthday, interns that are probably making more money than you, 6 things you need to know about rich people, 17 random things that can make you happy, stand up comedy today from Chris D’Elia, we got even with telemarketers once again, we spent one minute inside a women’s head and SO MUCH MORE!
Sing “Happy Birthday” with actual sincerity
Give a sentimental gift
Buy a card – ever
Send a text with lots of exclamation points
Tweet a birthday message to all your followers
Post how much he means to you on Facebook
Hire a hooker
Make a big deal about it