1. There’s only one U.S. state name that’s one syllable. Maine. You can now spend a few minutes trying to prove this wrong.
2. MACAULAY CULKIN and RYAN GOSLING are the same age. They were both born in 1980 and are 33.
3. If they hadn’t been killed, ANNE FRANK and MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. would be the same age. They were both born in 1929 and would both be 84. They’re also the same age as BARBARA WALTERS.
4. There are 170 million insects alive for every person alive today.
5. Kangaroos have two uteri, so they can constantly be pregnant.
6. “The Flintstones” was the first show to feature the sound of a flushing toilet on TV, and the first to show a couple sleeping in the same bed in primetime.
7. The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy.
8. At one point in time, you were the youngest person on Earth.
9. No one knows who invented the fire hydrant . . . because the patent was lost in a fire.
10. There are only three remaining Americans who were born in the 1800s. All three are women born in 1899, making them 114.
Scientists at MIT believe they’ve created the world’s HARDEST TONGUE TWISTER. They engineered it based on their research into which phonic combinations cause people the most difficulty.
And the result is: Pad kid poured curd pulled cod.
(There was some confusion online about whether the last word was “cold” or “cod.” A lot of reporting said “cold.” But the actual press release says “cod,” and we talked to the head researcher, who confirmed that.)
One of the researchers says, quote, “If anyone can say this phrase 10 times quickly, they [deserve] a prize.”
It’s true . . . it’s REALLY hard. You’ll be begging for the sweet, simple relief of “she sells seashells by the seashore.”
A new study figured out the top 10 apps people actually USE the most. Facebook was the most used app by FAR . . . people use it four times more than the next closest app, which is Twitter. Here’s the full list . . .
3. Candy Crush Saga.
8. Angry Birds.
9. Chrome web browser.
1. The golden arches are designed to make you hungry. The combination of bright red and yellow somehow jumpstarts your metabolism. So you automatically get hungry when you see a McDonald’s sign.
2. When you eat fast food, you have to keep eating it . . . or you’ll get depressed. Studies found that eating a high-fat, high-sugar diet changes the chemical activity in your brain. And if you stop, you’ll get anxious and sad.
3. Fast food can be as addictive as drugs. There are tons of studies about how eating fatty, sugar-filled foods can lead to compulsive behavior and stimulate your brain the way hard drugs do. The studies are usually on rats and mice, but still.
4. Fast food makes it harder to appreciate beauty. Researchers claim that just SEEING fast food logos can limit your ability to appreciate art and music. Because now you’re more restless, and geared toward instant gratification.
5. You can’t make good financial choices. Researchers interviewed people about money, and the people who were standing near a fast food restaurant during the interview made the worst decisions.
The U.S. Department of Transportation just released a monstrous new report of stats on people being hit by cars, trucks, and buses in 2012. Here are five stats they found . . .
1. 27% of all pedestrian crashes happen when the person is crossing WITH the signal, and a driver just wasn’t paying attention. Those actually happen MORE often than any other type of pedestrian crash.
2. The most dangerous time for pedestrians is between 3:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M.
3. The next-most dangerous window is 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
4. Men of all ages are more likely to be hit than women.
5. That’s especially true with boys 5 to 17 and ages 30 to 39 . . . both of those age groups are TWICE as likely to be hit by a car than women of the same age.
This is The Bobby D Show from Thursday December 5th, 2013. On this morning’s program we discussed celebs that are influencing baby names, 5 gifts for people you hate, reasons to hate your favorite sports team, a very perverted Christmas, a drone delivery system, Obama declares war….on Christmas music, we call that flat abs mom, stand up comedy today from Steve Rannassisi, where 260 pounds of weed just fell from the sky, a listener’s email about giving a dog and SO MUCH MORE!
Well first you might be asking yourself….what is M-GO? I’m happy you asked, it’s an online entertainment service where people can watch all the latest movies & TV shows on any device. It’s not going to limit you to just a iPod, iPad or computer. There are TONS of ways to watch M-GO. Bobby D really likes two things about this service; 1.) the fact that you can check out movies BEFORE you can rent or buy them on DVD AND there is no monthly subscription fee either! WOW! Now THAT’S hat I’m talking about! Don’t have a M-GO account yet? Well now is a great time to get one. Sign up today and you get 2 FREE movie rentals! Then win 5 more FREE rentals with us here at The Bobby D Show. How do you win? Another great question! Just listen each week day morning for a chance to win. Didn’t win in the morning? That’s cool, you have a second chance each day on our social media site. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for a SECOND chance to win each day! So check out M-GO and keep it locked each weekday morning on The Bobby D Show.
While the Top 10 hasn’t changed too much from last year, certain surprising celebrities have influenced parents with their baby names this year.
Miley Cyrus – Even though she’s been kind of scary this year, Miley’s name bumped up 16 spots.
Prince George – When the Royal Family named their son George, it sent his classic name up 10 percent for boys, landing at number 107.
HBO’s Girls – The HBO series is a huge hit, and so are the names of several of the show’s leading ladies. Marnie is up 62 percent, Shoshanna went up 67 percent, and the name Lena jumped 26 percent.
Duck Dynasty – Most surprisingly, the show Duck Dynasty had the biggest impact on the list of all celebrities. Korie rose a whopping 89 percent, family patriarch Phil’s name soared 32 percent, and his brother Silas (Uncle Si) went up 15 percent. Duck Commander CEO Willie also climbed up the boys’ list.