A new survey found a decent number of men have tried grilling ridiculous things. It’s not clear if they’re doing it to be experimental, or because they’re clueless. Or because they’re just dudes mesmerized by the beauty of grilling after a few beers.
Anyway, here are the four most random things guys have tried to grill . . .
21% have tried grilling FRUIT.
6% have tried pizza.
5% have tried grilling French fries.
And 4% have tried sandwiches.
The survey found that two out of three men have never looked at a cookbook or done ANY other kind of research when it comes to barbecuing stuff . . . they just go with their instincts.
A new survey found the ten smells people love most . . . and the ten smells we HATE most.
Our ten favorite smells are: Fresh baked bread . . . bacon . . . fresh cut grass . . . coffee . . . a cake baking . . . the ocean . . . clothes right out of the dryer . . . meat cooking . . . fried food . . . and fresh flowers.
The ten smells we HATE are: Garbage cans . . . drains . . . body odor . . . sewage . . . vomit . . . spoiled milk . . . rotting food . . . public bathrooms . . . dirty diapers . . . and old shoes.
The survey also found three-quarters of us have smells that make us nostalgic, and 84% of us try to keep our homes smelling good.
If you’re one of those people who can’t start your day until you’ve had that first cup of coffee . . . you’re doing it wrong. You shouldn’t have coffee right after you wake up, because that’s when your body is producing more of the stress hormone cortisol, and that makes caffeine less effective.
Studies have shown the average person’s cortisol levels peak between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning. And cortisol prevents caffeine from doing its thing.
So you should get to work and THEN have your first cup of coffee. Or if you wake up really early, wait an hour.
There are actually three times in the day when your cortisol levels peak . . . right after you wake up, between noon and 1:00 PM, and between 5:30 and 6:30 PM. So you shouldn’t have coffee then either.
The good news is you can just keep doing what you’re doing, and ignore all this if you want to. Drinking coffee right after you wake up won’t kill you.
But drinking it while your cortisol levels are up does make you more likely to become addicted to caffeine. Because you’ll start needing more and more of it to feel the effects.
This is The Bobby D Show from Wednesday May 27th 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’
Again, this is only the main broadcast networks, so cable juggernauts like “The Walking Dead” and “Game of Thrones” were not included. Here’s the Top 20, and their average audience from September through this past week:
1. “NFL Sunday Night Football”, NBC, 21.03 million viewers
2. “The Big Bang Theory”, CBS, 19.05 million
3. “NCIS”, CBS, 18.25 million
4. “NCIS: New Orleans”, CBS, 17.42 million
5. “Empire”, Fox, 17.33 million
6. “NFL Thursday Night Football”, CBS, 16.82 million
7. “NFL Sunday Night Football, Pre-Game”, NBC, 15.81 million
8. “Dancing with the Stars”, ABC, 14.76 million
9. “Madame Secretary”, CBS, 14.32 million
10. “Criminal Minds”, CBS, 14.11 million
11. “The Voice” (Mondays), NBC, 13.80 million
12. “Blue Bloods”, CBS, 13.77 million
13. “The Blacklist”, NBC, 13.76 million
14. “Scorpion”, CBS, 13.62 million
15. “The Voice” (Tuesdays), NBC, 13.45 million
16. Fox’s Sunday “NFL Overtime” post-game coverage, 12.76 million
17. “Scandal”, ABC, 12.65 million
18. “60 Minutes”, CBS, 12.58 million
19. “Hawaii Five-0″, CBS, 12.28 million
20. “Dancing with the Stars” (Results), ABC, 12.27 million
(By the way, the other “NCIS” show “NCIS: Los Angeles” finished at #27 with 11.72 million viewers. You can find the rest of the Top 50, here.)
1. Bananas, unless they’re organic. One of the main pesticides they use to keep them from ripening too quickly is made from shrimp and crab shells.
2. Guinness. They use fish bladders to filter the yeast out. But it’s such a small amount, they don’t have to list it in the ingredients.
3. Orange juice with omega-3. The omega-3 comes from fish oil.
4. Marshmallows. They used to be made with something called marshmallow root. But now most companies use gelatin, which is made from animal by-products.
5. Altoids. Again, they use gelatin, except in the “sugar-free” kind.
6. Bagels. Some kinds have an enzyme in the dough made from bird feathers.
7. Parmesan. Some vegetarians are okay with cheese. But parmesan is made with something called animal rennet . . . which comes from the stomach lining of calves.
8. Figs. Technically, they contain meat sometimes, because wasps have a habit of burrowing inside them and getting stuck. Then the enzymes in the figs convert their bodies into protein.
9. Peanuts. Some brands make the salt stick by using gelatin made from pig hooves.
10. Potato chips. Some of them ARE vegan, but a lot of them have chicken or beef fat. Especially barbecue chips.
This is The Bobby D Show from Tuesday May 26th 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’
Well, a new study just threw that out the window.
Researchers at Yale University just found that the key to a good marriage is . . . a man who DOESN’T let himself go.
They found that married women are much less likely to be depressed if their husband regularly works out . . . even if THEY never work out themselves. Men who exercised also were happier than men who didn’t.
For whatever reason, when women worked out, it didn’t have any effect on the happiness of a marriage.
The researchers’ theory here is that exercise has a stronger positive psychological effect on men than women. And since it makes men feel so good, that happiness rubs off on their wives.