The results are based on things like unemployment rates, income versus cost of living, education spending, and crime rates. Check ’em out . . .
1. Macon, Georgia.
2. Jackson, Mississippi.
3. Detroit, Michigan.
4. Knoxville, Tennessee.
5. Chattanooga, Tennessee.
6. Rockford, Illinois.
7. Savannah, Georgia.
8. Memphis, Tennessee.
9. Mobile, Alabama.
10. Springfield, Missouri.
The best places to live are Alexandria, Virginia . . . Plano, Texas . . . and Bellevue, Washington.
A new study ranked the best and worst states to be a bad driver. They used stuff like insurance costs, DUI penalties, and the laws about speeding and reckless driving.
The 10 states where it’s BEST to be a bad driver are South Dakota . . . Pennsylvania . . . Montana . . . North Dakota . . . Michigan . . . Ohio . . . New Jersey . . . Mississippi . . . Wisconsin . . . and Kentucky.
The 10 states where it’s the hardest to be an idiot driver are Arizona . . . Alaska . . . Virginia . . . West Virginia . . . Delaware . . . Colorado . . . Connecticut . . . Illinois . . . Iowa . . . and Kansas.
1. Don’t use burgers with too much fat. Ground beef with a higher percentage of fat is usually cheaper. That’s okay if you’re cooking burgers on the stove, but when fat drips on the grill, you get flare-ups. And you might burn the outside of the burgers while they’re still raw inside.
2. Don’t season them too soon. Putting salt on ground beef draws out the moisture, so you end up with dry burgers. Especially if you use too much, or do it too soon. So don’t season the meat until RIGHT before you put it on the grill.
3. Don’t cut into them to see how well they’re done. If you need to get a general idea of how well they’re cooked, do it with ONE of them. But then YOU should eat that burger, because it’ll be drier than the rest of them are.
If you need to cut into more than one burger to make sure they’re not raw . . . someone else should probably be working the grill.
4. Don’t let the buns get soggy. It happens if you make a bunch of burgers at the same time, and immediately put them on buns for people. If you want to do it that way, the trick is to put the slice of cheese UNDER the burger, so it protects the bun from all the juices.
This is The Bobby D Show from Wednesday September 2nd 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’
This is The Bobby D Show from Tuesday September 1st 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’
A new survey found 84% of women get turned off by a guy who’s too aggressive or dangerous when he drives. But 52% of men say they actually get turned ON by a woman who’s a little bit crazy behind the wheel.
The survey also found the five biggest driving turn-offs for both genders. Check ’em out . . .
The top five worst things men do are: Illegally passing other cars . . . road rage . . . bad parking . . . texting while driving . . . and making awkward three-point turns.
The top five worst things women do are: Making three-point turns . . . taking selfies behind the wheel . . . texting while driving . . . going the wrong way down a one-way street . . . and bad parking.
The Food Network just surveyed a bunch of chefs around the country, and 75% of them said they’d seen ROACHES in their kitchen. 13% have seen someone intentionally mess with food that someone sent back.
Half have worked sick . . . and a quarter have used the “five-second rule” and cooked something they dropped on the floor. Bon appétit! Here are four more secrets they revealed in the survey . . .
1. The most popular fast food for chefs is Wendy’s.
2. The definition of “vegetarian” is flexible. 15% say their vegetarian dishes contain at least a little meat.
3. They don’t recommend ordering pasta or chicken, which are the most overpriced and least interesting things on the menu.
4. 60% wish they were celebrities with their own cooking shows . . . and 75% steal ideas from other restaurants’ menus.
1. Sleeping with a co-worker you’re not attracted to. It doesn’t mean you’re attracted to them subconsciously. It usually means there’s some aspect of their personality that you wish you had.
2. Just being at the office. Meaning your entire dream is you working. That one’s actually pretty straightforward. It just means you’re stressed out about your job.
3. Showing up to work naked. It means you’re worried that your boss or one of your co-workers will find out about something that you don’t want them to know.
4. Dreaming that you killed your boss. It usually means you’re frustrated, because you feel like they control you, and you can’t do anything about it.
5. Dreaming that you’re running late for work. It usually has something to do with feeling like you’re not living up to expectations, whether they’re your boss’s or your own.
6. Getting fired. It means you’re anxious about something, and it’s your way of subconsciously preparing yourself in case you DO get fired.