Action movie stars don’t get a lot of love at the Oscars, but that doesn’t mean it’s so easy that any actor can do it. Here’s a list of 15 people who TRIED to pull off action roles . . . and failed miserably.
In some cases, the result is the “actor’s” fault, since not all of them were really accomplished actors to begin with . . . other times it was more about the movie being terrible . . . although it’s a combination of BOTH.
1. Shaquille O’Neal, “Steel”
2. Chris Klein, the “Rollerball” remake
3. Pamela Anderson, “Barb Wire”
4. Shia LaBeouf, “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”. Even though the “Transformers” movies are action movies, Shia’s character isn’t really a typical “action” role.
5. Former football player Brian Bosworth, “Stone Cold”
6. Jay Leno, “Collision Course” . . . the 1989 action-comedy that paired Leno with Pat Morita from “The Karate Kid”
7. Alex Pettyfer, “I am Number Four”, “Beastly”, and “Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker” (???)
8. Kristen Kreuk, “Legend of Chun Li”
9. Sam Worthington, “Avatar”, the “Clash of the Titans” remake, “Terminator: Salvation”. Apparently, he makes the list since he’s sort of disappeared . . . no one is hiring him these days, which probably says something about his acting.
10. Vanilla Ice, “Cool as Ice”
11. Taylor Kitsch, “Battleship” and “John Carter”. But he WAS good in “Friday Night Lights”.
12. Justin Long, “Live Free or Die Hard”. His pairing with Bruce Willis seemed bizarre from the beginning, and it was as awkward as expected. Naturally, he won’t be back for “A Good Day to Die Hard”.
13. Alicia Silverstone, “Batman & Robin”
14. Hulk Hogan, “No Holds Barred”
15. Taylor Lautner, “Abduction”
1. Salsa. It might be the healthiest condiment out there, because it’s mostly vegetables. One tablespoon only has five calories.
2. Mustard is another one that’s not bad, because it’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamin B, and niacin, which can help lower your cholesterol. And a tablespoon only has about 15 calories. But it tends to be high in salt, so don’t use too much.
3. Sriracha. It’s made from chili peppers, vinegar, and garlic, and one tablespoon has 15 calories. But again, don’t use too much, because it has a lot of sugar and salt.
4. Relish. One tablespoon has 20 calories. But it usually has a TON of salt and sugar.
5. Soy sauce. A tablespoon is only 10 calories, but has a full gram of salt. The low-sodium stuff has about half that, but that’s still a lot. Most people aren’t supposed to get more than two-and-a-half grams of sodium a day.
6. Ketchup. The tomatoes are good for you, but that’s about it. And there’s a ton of added salt and sugar. One tablespoon has about 20 calories. But most people use more than that, and it’s usually with something bad for you, like French fries.
7. Mayonnaise. It’s probably the worst condiment for you, because it’s basically pure fat. One tablespoon has a HUNDRED calories.
This is The Bobby D Show from Monday May 18th 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’
One in Three Companies Won’t Interview You Unless You’re on Social Media . . . Here Are the Five Worst Things You Can Post
But 48% say they’ve seen something on a person’s social media account that kept them from being hired. In other words, you’d better be on Facebook . . . but don’t post anything cool.
Here are the top five things you can post on social media that’ll hurt your shot at getting a job . . .
1. Provocative or inappropriate photos.
2. Anything about alcohol or drugs.
3. Talking bad about your previous company or coworkers.
4. Poor writing skills.
5. Racist, sexist, or other discriminatory comments.
1. There are four types of nipples, categorized by the way they protrude . . . either normal, flat, puffy, or inverted.
2. About 6% of people have an extra nipple. And it’s not just women: 1 to 3% of men are also born with a third nipple.
3. A pair of D-cup breasts can weigh 15 pounds.
4. A woman owns an average of six bras . . . and they spend around $16 BILLION a year on bras.
5. According to some doctors, sleeping facedown can change the shape of your breasts over time. To prevent it, you’re supposed to put a pillow under them for support every night.
According to Triple-A, Memorial Day weekend will be the worst time of year for traffic. 37.2 million people are expected to travel somewhere for Memorial Day, and 33 million of them are driving there.
Another study looked at the most DANGEROUS days to drive, and Memorial Day weekend was first, even though it’s not technically a “day.” Here are the top ten . . .
1. Memorial Day weekend. About 400 people die in crashes each year around Memorial Day, which is 13% more than a normal weekend. And 44% involve alcohol.
2. The first Monday after Daylight Saving Time.
3. Black Friday.
4. Any day there’s an NFL game.
5. Friday the 13th, because everyone’s on edge.
6. New Year’s Day.
7. The Fourth of July.
10. St. Patrick’s Day.
This is The Bobby D Show from Friday May 15th 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’
This is The Bobby D Show from Thursday May 14th 2015. Thanks for checking out the show. To listen to the show live check out www.TuneIn.com and search for ‘The Bobby D Show.’