1. “You look sexy when you cook.” Telling him he looks sexy while doing an everyday task makes him feel more appreciated than just telling him he’s hot.
2. “I feel safe with you.” Men like to feel like they can take care of you . . . so knowing you feel protected is an ego boost.
3. “I love how determined you are when you set your mind to something.” Guys love being complimented for being decisive.
4. “I told my friends how lucky I am to have you.” Guys love when you brag about them to your girlfriends.
5. “Have you been working out?” Men don’t usually get as many compliments about their looks as women do, so he’ll appreciate it when he hears it.
At first, Red Lobster didn’t seem to know how to respond to the explicit shout-out they get in BEYONCÉ’s new single “Formation”, where she says she takes her man there if he GIVES IT TO HER GOOD.
But now, they aren’t complaining. Red Lobster says sales were UP 33% on Sunday, over last year’s Super Bowl Sunday.
Also, Red Lobster was mentioned on Twitter 42,000 times in an hour over the weekend, making the company “trend” for the first time in its history.
The song was released on Saturday, and while Beyoncé sang a portion of it during the Super Bowl halftime show, she left out the part about Red Lobster.
Still, it’s entirely possible that a lot of people in Denver were so high off the Broncos’ victory that they enjoyed some good relations, which may or may not lead to ‘Super Bowl Babies‘ . . . and then treated themselves to Red Lobster.
Of course, it’s hard to say how long Red Lobster’s sales spike will continue, but Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. (???)
WalletHub.com looked at the 100 biggest cities in America, and ranked the best and worst places to spend Valentine’s Day.
It’s based on stuff like the average cost of a nice meal at a restaurant . . . the number of jewelry stores, florists, and chocolate shops . . . the number of nightlife options . . . and the weather.
And the best city for Valentine’s Day is . . . San Francisco. I guess all those other factors outweighed the whole “average cost of a nice meal”, huh?
The rest of the top 10 goes Scottsdale, Arizona . . . Honolulu . . . Orlando . . . Seattle . . . Vegas . . . Portland, Oregon . . . Irvine, California . . . Chandler, Arizona . . . and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The worst city for Valentine’s Day is . . . Hialeah, Florida. The rest of the 10 worst are:
Detroit . . . Cleveland . . . San Bernardino, California . . . Newark, New Jersey . . . Philadelphia . . . Toledo, Ohio . . . North Las Vegas . . . Milwaukee . . . and Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
The website Thrillist recently looked at different brands of chewing gum to see which one lost its flavor the fastest, and which one lasted the longest. And Eclipse lasted longer than any other brand. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Eclipse. It lasted 6 minutes and 33 seconds before it lost its taste.
2. React 2, which is made by the brand 5 Gum. It lasted 6 minutes and 5 seconds.
3. Dentyne Ice, 5 minutes and 35 seconds.
4. Doublemint, 3 minutes and 33 seconds. So that’s about a two-minute drop-off between third and fourth place.
5. Orbit, 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
6. Bubble Yum, 3 minutes and 10 seconds.
7. Stride, 2 minutes and 52 seconds.
8. Trident, 2 minutes and 32 seconds.
9. Big Red, 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
10. Extra, 2 minutes and 22 seconds.
And the worst were Chiclets, which lost their flavor after just 1 minute and 20 seconds.
For a LOT of people, the answer is . . . NO.
A new survey found more than a quarter of people won’t wave in a BMW driver in traffic. They also don’t like being polite to people driving other expensive brands, like Land Rover and Mercedes.
But we don’t just discriminate against cars. Three out of four people say they wouldn’t wave someone in if the person was using their cell phone . . . half wouldn’t if they were eating . . . and 6% wouldn’t if their car was dirty.
And 18% of people won’t let busses merge in front of them.
Do your cats ever go into ‘crazy cat mode,’ and run around like they just drank a thousand cups of coffee? The reason they do it is pretty simple: They’re still programmed to be wild animals, but don’t GET to be.
Feral cats go hunting up to 40 times a day, while domesticated cats sleep a lot more. And when they ARE awake, they spend most of their time ripping up your sofa and puking under your bed. Not running around catching stuff. So they end up with a lot of pent-up energy. And when they switch into crazy cat mode, it’s because they need to burn some of it off.
But it also might mean you need to play with them more. And there’s actually a technique to it.
Here are three ways you might be playing with your cat wrong . . .
1. Stop making it too easy. Cats want to chase something before they catch it. And it also gets their heart going, so they burn more energy.
2. Stop waving toys right in their face. Cats don’t see very well inside about ten inches. So that’s why they sometimes lose interest if you dangle something too close to them.
3. Make sure you let them catch it eventually. It makes them feel like they killed it, and their brain releases endorphins that make them feel happy.