But the police there are fighting against it, and trying to get its license revoked . . . because they’re worried it’ll be too LOUD. A festival . . . for the deaf.
They found the festival includes live music, and goes every night until 4:00 A.M. And more than 800 deaf people are planning to show up to get HAMMERED.
As for why there’s music, a spokesman said, quote, “The event is for the deaf community, and anyone is welcome to come to learn sign language and make new friends. It is for people who like freedom and who can stay the weekend and camp too.”
The license WAS going to be debated at a town council meeting last week, but the guy organizing the festival couldn’t participate . . . because the sign language interpreter didn’t show up.
He eventually told reporters that there’s nothing for the town to worry about. Quote, “We have live music with headphones and it won’t be loud anywhere outside.”
A new survey had people rank a bunch of different couples’ activities on how romantic they are.
The four most romantic things you can do are . . .
1. Going on a picnic.
2. Going for a walk.
3. Eating at a restaurant.
4. Making a home-cooked meal together.
The four LEAST romantic things are . . .
1. Playing video games.
2. Going to a sporting event.
3. Going bowling.
4. Binge watching a TV show.
There’s a new study that says working out a ton might NOT be that great for losing weight. Moderate exercise is good, but then your metabolism adjusts, so you don’t end up burning that many extra calories. And it’s really more about diet.
But here are also five specific times it’s OKAY to skip a workout, and not feel guilty about it . . .
1. When you’re sick. If you’re just slightly sick, a light workout can make you feel a little better. And the same goes for a hangover. But if you’ve got a bad cold or the flu, you’ll just run yourself down more.
2. When you’re injured. Or at least don’t use the part of your body that’s hurt. Like if you tweaked your shoulder, just do a leg day to give your upper body time to heal.
3. When you’re exhausted because you haven’t slept. If you’re on four hours sleep and have to choose between the gym or sleeping an extra hour, it’s okay to sleep in.
4. When you’re really sore from a previous workout. A little sore is okay, but if it’s really bad, take a recovery day. Or just go for a walk or a jog.
5. When you truly don’t have time. In other words, getting to the gym shouldn’t ALWAYS be your top priority. Like if it’s either getting in a workout or making it to your kid’s PTA meeting, skip the workout.
A new survey by Netflix found 51% of people now say a great sign their relationship is serious is . . . when they share their Netflix password.
Why is it such a big deal? It gives the other person a wide open look at everything you’ve ever watched . . . AND it lets their tastes influence what Netflix recommends.
On that note, 17% of people say they wouldn’t share their Netflix password until they were engaged. “Waiting until marriage” SURE does have a different definition in 2016 than it used to.
The survey also found 25% of people find someone more attractive if they have similar tastes in TV and movies, and 65% of couples have negotiations over what shows to binge watch.
1. The Denver Broncos didn’t score an offensive touchdown until there was only three minutes left to go in the game, when C.J. Anderson ran it in. And that really only happened because Denver got a new set of downs after a Carolina penalty.
If the Broncos hadn’t scored that TD, they still would have won. And they would’ve become the first team in Super Bowl history to win without scoring an offensive touchdown.
By the way, the 1968 Jets and the 2002 Patriots are the only other teams to win a Super Bowl with just one offensive touchdown.
2. The Broncos won with 194 yards on offense, the fewest of any team to win a Super Bowl. The previous low was 244 by the 2000 Ravens in Super Bowl 35.
3. The Panthers were down 13-to-7 at halftime. Before yesterday, they hadn’t trailed by more than three points at halftime all season . . . and that only happened twice. They ended up winning both games.
4. This was the only game all season where the Carolina Panthers NEVER led. Their 10 points was the fewest they’ve scored in a game all season. The Panthers were 15-1 this year. Five teams have won 15 or more games in the regular season since 1990. None of them have won a Super Bowl.
5. The Broncos tied a Super Bowl record with seven sacks, and forced four turnovers. That doomed the Panthers. Teams with three or more turnovers in the Super Bowl are 0-19 since 1980.
6. The Broncos became the ninth franchise in NFL history to win three Super Bowls. The Pittsburgh Steelers are #1 overall, with six Super Bowl wins.
Denver has been to the Super Bowl eight times, which is tied for the most. The others to make it to eight are: The New England Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Steelers.
7. Peyton Manning became the 12th starting quarterback to win TWO Super Bowls. He’s also the first to win one with two DIFFERENT teams. He also won with the Indianapolis Colts in 2007.
8. Peyton is the OLDEST quarterback to win a Super Bowl. He’s 39. Another Bronco, John Elway, is the second oldest. He was 38 when he won in 1999.
Peyton and Cam also have the biggest age gap between quarterbacks in NFL history. Cam is 26, so they are 13 years apart. When Peyton was drafted, Cam was just seven years old.
9. Somewhat surprisingly, this is the first Super Bowl matchup between quarterbacks who were drafted #1 overall. And it was the first Super Bowl where the #1 overall pick from a draft (Cam in 2011) faced off against the #2 overall pick from the same draft (Von Miller in 2011).
10. At least twice during the Super Bowl broadcast, Jim Nantz shared this interesting fact: With Denver’s win, head coachGary Kubiak became the first person to ever win the Super Bowl as a head coach for the same team he played for. He backed up John Elway for nine seasons.
But that’s WRONG. Two others have also done it. Tom Flores with the Oakland Raiders and Mike Ditka with the Chicago Bears.
What he MEANT to say is that Kubiak is the first head coach to win a Super Bowl with the same team he also WENT TO THE SUPER BOWL WITH as a player.
A new survey found only half of women and one-third of men would be upset if their friend dated one of their exes. Here are some more results from the survey . . .
1. The majority of people think you had to have dated someone for at least three months before they count as an ex.
2. Half of men and 42% of women will stay friends with their exes.
3. 25% of people have gone back and gotten-it-on with someone after a break-up.
4. 16% of people have drunk dialed an ex.
5. And . . . believe it or not . . . having sex with a bunch of people makes you good at figuring out what works for you. Women who’ve been in at least five relationships are 103% more likely to have multiple climaxes when they’re getting-it-on.